Monday, January 5, 2009

All these years, all these memories, there was you. You pull me through time.

I just finished reading Fugitives and Refugees by Chuck Palahniuk. It was his little guidebook in a way for Portland, Oregon. Even though I've never been to PO or have any plans to go (although I would fucking love to!), I had a great time reading this book and imagining what a blast it would be to go up there and check out all the spots still in tact and up and running using the book as a guide. I'm sure like roughly a little more than half are still around, but I heard it's a beautiful place to check out anyway. This was the last Chuck book I had yet to read and now I'm all caught up. He is easily one of my favorite authors, but has not written my favorite book. My favorite book would be...well here's a top 5 of my favorite books.

1. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
2. Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffeneggar
3. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
4. The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King (7 books in all. I'm currently reading the 6th book, but already it's kicking my ass and I'm loving it.)
5. Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk

Alright. Since it's the new year now, I thought I would post my top 10 films of 2008. I know so far there are a lot of top 5 or 10 lists, but I love lists, and you, as the reader, need to know what kind of taste Aaron and I have so you can start making fun of us or worshiping us. Either or. We don't care.

Top 10 best films of 2008

1. The Dark Knight



2. Slumdog Millionaire



3. The Wrestler



4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button



5. Synecdoche, New York



6. Gran Torino



7. The Visitor



8. Funny Games



9. The Band's Visit (while being released in Israel in 2007, it wasn't released in the states till 2008).



10. Milk/Let The Right One In/Doubt???




I have yet to see Milk, Doubt, Let The Right One In (tonight possibly), and a few others, but right now I feel pretty confidant on this list. I'm saving that last spot for one of these possibly based on reviews I've read. Needless to say without the good you can't have the bad. So...

Top 10 worst films of 2008. **spoilers** but do you really care?



1. The Happening
2. Max Payne
3. The Love Guru
4. Wanted
5. Seven Pounds (I actually have yet to watch this, but a man giving away parts of his body and commits suicide via jellyfish? You fucking kidding me?!)
6. Quarantine
7. Postal
8. Hancock (didn't see this one either, but Will Smith is a jerk so here's this)
9. 10,000 BC (another shitty movie I could smell a mile away so I avoided it.)
10. Strange Wilderness (watched about 5 minutes of this and couldn't deal)

I have yet to mention music and put up any lists of albums or songs or what not. I will get to it soon enough. There's already 800 lists up here so...we'll split it up a little. Sorry there hasn't been too much substance on my blog adventures yet. There will be next time. I promise. Maybe. Aaron and I had talked of making another list of the top however many films that were the most forgettable. I would definitely throw up Tropic Thunder (with the exception of Downey Jr's performance) and Valkyrie on that list. What would be the point of listing forgettable films though? I'd like to just forget them.

Remember, feel free to comment or email (castor_90@hotmail.com) us with suggestions for top 5 or 10 lists. I know it's only the second one, but I'd like to get creative with these lists. Let's hear 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment